Tuesday, March 31, 2015

How to Make Steamed Bread with Apple and Sweet Potato

        My father planted a small apple tree in his field in Japan several years ago, and the tree finally started producing so many small apples. When I visited my parents in Japan a year ago, he showed me his apples with a big smile. He brought so many apples their home. I thought we couldn't eat them up so many apples in a short period of time. That's why I made homemade apple jam with my father's apples. Then, his neighbor gave us some chestnuts one day. I made steamed bread with homemade apple jam, chestnuts and dried raisin for my family while I was staying my parents' home, and it turned out so delicious. A week ago, I bought a lot of apples because they were on sale for $0.99 for 5 lb at my local grocery store here in the U.S. These apples reminded me of steamed breads I made in my parents' home in Japan, so I made apple jam with them and decided to make steamed bread again. I didn't have chestnuts, so I used apple jam and sweet potatoes this time. It was so delicious. Actually, my husband really liked it more than I did. I'm going to share how to make steamed bread with you.
How to Make Steamed Bread with Apple and Sweet Potato



      Ingredients

2 eggs
20 oz (60g) of sugar
nip of salt
30 oz (90g) of milk
15 oz (45g) of vegetable oil
50 oz (150g) of flour
1.5 oz (4.5g) of baking soda
apple jam
1/2 sweet potato (cut in 1/2 inch)



1. Whisk egg and sugar. Add salt, milk and vegetable oil. Mix them with a whisk.

2. Add flour and baking soda. Then mix them with a spatula.

3. Pour mixture into custard cups. Add apple jam and sweet potatoes.

4. Fill the a large pot with water to about 1/2 inch. Bring the water to a boil. Then, place the cups into the pot.

5. Cover the lid and simmer the pot over medium heat for 20 minutes.

6. Make sure if they were fully cooked, and take them off from the pot.

7. Enjoy!

How to Make Steamed Bread with Apple and Sweet Potato



     This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking



No comments:

Post a Comment