Friday, November 29, 2013

Our Thanksgiving Dinner

     Yesterday, my husband and I cooked a roast turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.


     I bought a  frozen 11.76 lb whole turkey, which was about $8, at my local Albertsons on Saturday and defrosted it in the refrigerator for four days. We soaked it in salt and sugar water and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator until this Wednesday.

     On Thursday, we filled stuffing into it and rubbed grind garlic, salt, pepper, and oil on its surface.

     We roasted it for four hours. I checked the temperature of the turkey to know if it was perfectly cooked.

     Our roast turkey was just as good as last year. It was moist, delicious, and beautiful turkey. :) It was fifth time for us to cook a roast turkey, and we've cooked it every time well so far. :)

     We baked stuffed potato from Omaha Steaks during roasting the turkey.

     I also baked pumpkin pie for dessert.

     Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. We enjoyed cooking together and thought about what we were thankful for. :)


      This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment