Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Best Way to Keep Bananas Fresh Longer

     How do you store bananas after purchasing them?

     I prefer slightly green bananas to over-ripe bananas. However, bananas usually ripen faster than I hope, and I need to eat them up in two days or so. These days, I have stored bananas in my refrigerator and it has worked very well. :) Keeping bananas in refrigerator ripens them slower and keeps them fresh longer.
    I'm going to share with you how to keep bananas fresh longer.

First of all, you need to know about bananas...
*Bananas release ethylene gas naturally to ripen each other.
*Bananas are slowed to ripening by keeping them under at 13 °C (55 °F).
*Bananas suffer from the cold.


     I bought a bunch of bananas at my local Albertsons' in order to share with you how to store bananas. :)

    First, separate them.

     Prepare some plastic bags. I usually use ones which I used when I purchase fruit or vegetable at my local supermarkets.

     Put a banana into the plastic bag.

     Then, wrap it tightly.



     Repeat the same step for the rest of bananas. It prevents bananas from ripening each other.

     I wrapped four bananas individually.

     Put wrapped bananas into a double-plastic bag. It prevents bananas from suffering from cold air directly in the refrigerator.

     Put your wrapped banana into the refrigerator.


     I put wrapped banana with a white plastic bag into the refrigerator, and I kept two unwrapped bananas at room temperature in order to see how these bananas would ripen differently.

     I'm going to share with you the result next time. :)


How I Keep Banana Fresh Longer

No comments:

Post a Comment