Monday, November 4, 2013

Japanese Foods from My Sister

       When I visited to Japan, my sister gave me a lot of Japanese food. In the U.S., Japanese food is pretty expensive, and some are not available here. She knows which are good in Japan more than I do. I really appreciated her kindness. I'm going to share with you what she gave me in Japan.

       Before going to Japan, I requested her to buy instant ramen as many as she could because I love Japanese ramen. Then, she found these ramen which have good tastes and were inexpensive. These were less than 100yen each, which is equivalent to under a dollar. I was going to pay for them, but she told me that these were gifts for me because we can only meet once in a blue moon.


     When my sister and I ate out, my sister bought some other Japanese food for me.


     These are Japanese sweets, Yokan, which is made of red beans and sugar. When we went to Saga prefecture, I was going to buy Ogi Yokan, which is a famous type of yokan there. It's because my husband really likes them and these are not available in the U.S. My sister bought them for me again.
Ogi Yokan

     Then, when we went to a ramen restaurant, she recommended me this Japanese pickles, which the restaurant sells. Her family loves the pickles, and whenever they eat out at the restaurant, they always buy one. My sister bought two packs of pickles as usual, and bought one for me again. The pickles are only available to purchase at the restaurant in Japan. Since I came back to the U.S., I have been eating them and these were great with rice!
Japanese Pickles, Harihari-zuke

     Whenever I visit to my hometown, my sister treats me very well. I left from my parents' home when I was 18. Since then, we have met only once in a blue moon. That's why our meeting has been always special. While I was staying in Japan, my sister stopped by my parents' home to see me on the way home from her work every day. She was busy as a mother of three children, so she spent her precious time for 30 minutes to talk to me every day. We were able to talk a lot as if we had lived together like we did long time ago.



This is my entry you might like. 
■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment