Thursday, January 24, 2013

Haul - Japanese sweets and snacks

When my husband and I traveled to Japan, we bought a lot of Japanese sweets and snacks. Believe it or not, I don't eat sweets and snacks everyday. We bought a lot, but we will eat these little by little. :)

These have been our favorite since we were little. I'm going to share with you what we got in Japan.





These snacks are Baby Star Ramen  by Oyatsu Company. These look like instant ramen, but these do not need to be cooked. I really love these! I bought these at 89yen a pack at discount store.
Baby Star Ramen 89yen  each  (85g per pack)


This snack is Sayaendou by Calbee. This is made with peas. I bought this for 89yen at discount store as well.
In the U.S., I have also seen ones with different name, Calbee Snack Salad Snapea Chips, at Trader Joe's before. I don't know whether or not the taste between Japanese one and American one are exactly same. These probably taste different because for example Nissin Cup Noodles taste completely different. I like Japanese one, but American one tastes terrible. :P  
Sayaendou 89yen (83g)


This candy is Milky by Fujiya. Milky has been selling since 1951 in Japan. This soft candy has been around for forever, and everybody loves it.
Milky 100yen (120g)


 This candy is Sumiyaki Coffee Candy by Irie-seika. Many coffee candies are made by different companies in Japan. This candy was 100yen at discount store.
Sumiyaki Coffee Candy 100yen (80g)


These candies are Nama Okinawa Kuroame by Matsuya-seika. My father-in-law bought these for us at drug store. I think these were selling at 100 to 150yen for each.
Nama Okinawa Kuroame (130g per pack)

These are Jagarico by Calbee. These are stick snacks and made with potatoes and cheese. These are snacks which I like the most from Japan. I bought these at 100yen for each at discount store.
Jagarico 100yen (58g)



These are my favorite chocolate, Ghana Milk Chocolate by Lotte. Japanese chocolate is not expensive, but the taste is better for me. I bought these for 89yen each at supermarket.
Ghana Milk Chocolate 89yen  (55g per pack)



These are chocolate biscuits, Alfort by Bourbon. I bought these for 89yen each at supermarket.
Alfort 89yen (63g per pack)

These are Tirol Choco by Tirolchoco Comapany. My husband bought these for 100yen at Daiso, 100yen store.
Tirol Choco 100yen per pack (9 pieces per pack)

There are nine different pieces of chocolate in this package.

I think this dark brown one is original. When I was little, it was 10yen each.

These chocolate are Goen-ga-aruyo by Tirol Choco Comapany. My husband bought these for 100yen for two at Daiso as well.
Goen-ga-aruyo 100yen for two rolls
 Goen-ga-aruyo means that there is 5yen, and it also means that there is a chance to have happiness, and the back of the package tells your fortune.

This is designed like Japanese 5yen. When I was little, I could buy it for only 5yen each.


These snacks are Umaibou by Yaokin. There are many different flavors of Umaibou. When I was little, I couldn't clearly recognize each flavor. However, when I ate ones this year, I was surprised with the flavors. Some tastes were very similar to the real flavor, such as Gyutan, Sarami and so on. Umai means good taste, and bou means stick in Japanese.   
Umaibou 100yen for ten

Each Umaibou is only 10yen. My husband bought 10 for 100yen at Daiso.



I bought these at my sister's workplace. :)  These are only available at Kurobou-seika, which is making brown sugar sweets and snacks in Fukuoka, Japan. You can not buy these at any other store.

 This is Karintou Endomame, which is a snack made with brown sugar and peas. I really love it! I bought 6 packs for 1100yen.
Karintou Endomame 1100yen for 6 packs


This is Fukudaikoku, which is cake made with brown sugar. This is my favorite sweets too. My husband bought it for 220yen each.
Fukudaikoku 220yen

I am very familiar with all of them. :)


     This is my entries related to Japanese sweets and snacks haul.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japanese%20sweets%20and%20snacks

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan%20Haul




     This is also my entry you might like.
Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to Japan in a few weeks, and will keep in mind your snack list. btw, the Ghana chocolates are actually Korean.(Lotte is a Korean company.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. :)

      I know that Lotte is very famous company in Korea and Japan. According to Wikipedia, Lotte was first established in Japan by a Japanese businessman of Korean descent in 1948. Then, the company expanded into Korea in 1967, and they were successful in many industries there. When I traveled in Korea, I was amazed at how beautiful Lotte Hotel was! So, it's hard to tell if Lotte is a Japanese company. I think Lotte for candy manufacture industry is originally Japanese company, but Lotte for hotel industry is originally Korean company. Anyway, I love sweets from Lotte so much, and you should try them. Their sweets are so good! :)

      This is my another entry related to Japanese sweets.
      http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/2013/10/haul-japanese-sweets-and-snacks.html

      Have fun in Japan. :))
      Thanks again.

      Delete