Thursday, January 3, 2013

Meeting with My Brother-in-law's Fiance

Today, I went to my husband's uncle's house with my husband and my parents-in-law. My brother-in-law and his fiance joined the meeting later. It's common for Japanese people to meet with relatives during New Year's Holidays. It was the first time to meet my brother-in-law's fiance. The meeting was a good opportunity to get know each other. My brother-in-law's fiance is three years younger than I am and is an instructor at an elementary school. We enjoyed talking and eating there. We ate sashimi, sushi, sweet beans, pasta, chikuzenni, osechi and so on. After two hours of talking, we headed toward my grandmother-in-law's grave. Then, we said good bye to them, and my husband and I went to my parents' home to take the dog for a walk. Since four days ago, we have been taking her for a walk everyday. Thus, she got really excited as soon as she saw us. :) I guess that she thinks I am a person who is her own dog-walker. It's okay for me whatever she thinks of me because she looks happy. :) Then, my parents-in-law picked us up, and we came back to their home. Tomorrow, we are going to renew our Japanese driver's licenses, so we needed to take photos for our IDs. My husband suggested to walk to the instant photo machine since we needed to exercise. We walked, took our photos and went to a discount store. We were not going to buy anything because we went there by walking and didn't want to carry heavy stuff. However, we found that a dajin nabe was selling at 50% discounts. It was pretty heavy, but we couldn't miss out on the big sale. A dajin nabe became very popular and was pretty expensive in Japan about five years ago. I guess that it is not popular anymore. However, I didn't have one, so I am happy to able to buy it. Haha.






   Today's Vocabulary
・ after _ hours of ~ : ~の_後で
     ex) after an hour of rest  : 1時間の安静後に
     ex) after an hour and a half of reading : 1時間半読書した後に
     ex) after hours of discussion : 数時間にわたる議論の末
     ex) after __ hours of sleep : _時間の睡眠の後
     ex) after __ hours of surgery : _時間に及ぶ手術後に


 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment