Saturday, January 5, 2013

We Went on a Road Trip

My husband and I are in Osaka now. Today, we headed toward Osaka by my parents-in-law's car at 10 a.m. It took us 10 hours to arrive here because there was traffic on the highway.


We arrived here at 8:30 p.m. Then we checked in our hotel room. The room was very retro. It was like a country home in Japan back in the 70's. After checking in, we went to a sushi restaurant which we used to go to when we lived in Osaka.
menu






Their sushi is always fresh, big and reasonable. My favorite was tuna nigiri sushi, which was two for 150yen. We ate a lot of sushi and paid only 2950yen. :)

After that we went to a supermarket, and I bought ginger tempura, which is one of unique Osaka foods. We also bought squid tempura, alcohol, juice and cabbageyaki.
a supermarket in Osaka

squid and ginger tempura


beverages

cabbage-yaki fast food restaurant

cabbageyaki


Tomorrow, I'm going to get my hair cut, shop for some accessories and meet my friends. 





   Today's Vocabulary
・ back in : phrasal verb /
  1. 戻る、再開する、復帰する、復活する、返り咲く
  2. ~を思いがけなく手に入れる
  3. ~に遡って、~の頃に、~の時に
  4. 逆算粉飾する
    ・Some companies back in or work backward to report profits. : 利益を計上するために逆算粉飾する会社もある。
       ex) back in the 19__s : 遡って19_年代に

No comments:

Post a Comment