Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My New Year's Resolution

My New Year's resolutions are passing NCLEX and finishing an upper advanced writing class.

I'm still going through the procedure to apply for NCLEX. Last Saturday, I got a letter from Board of Registered Nursing, it read that they request me to submit some additional documentations for an evaluation of my application. I asked my nursing school in Japan to send a copy of my diploma with English translation. I know that evaluation for NCLEX of foreigners who were educated for nursing in their own countries takes many months. I hope my application will be accepted in this year, and I hope I will pass the exam. I studied for NCLEX on my own for eight months in 2012. However, I haven't studied about that since September 2012. :P It's because I had numerous assignments which needed a great deal of attention in my previous class in last semester, so I didn't have time to study for NCLEX. That's why I think I forgot what I have studied for NCLEX. :P I need to start it over again. I need to make a habit to study for nursing everyday.

In addition, I'm going to take an upper advanced writing class in spring semester. This is the last writing class at the ESL level. In order to keep us with the class, I need to improve reading skill as well because writing and reading skills are interconnected. I don't usually read books regardless of the language. Thus, I need to get used to reading books, and learned more vocabularies and expressions from books. This year, I will read one article everyday.

I am still learning many things. I want to build my store of knowledge in this year, and I want to go to work by using my knowledge next year.





   Today's Vocabulary
・ need a great deal of attention : 大変な労力を要する
・ make a habit : 習慣をつける
・ build one's store of knowledge : 知識をつける

   

No comments:

Post a Comment