Thursday, March 23, 2023

How to Cook Easy Stir Fried Eggplants

 

How to Cook Easy Stir Fried Eggplants

      Last month, I found that eggplants were on sale at my local grocery store. It was $1 for two eggplants! I really love eggplants, and I decided to cook this stir-fried eggplants.

       I referred to this YouTube video for it, and it turned out so delicious! That's why I cooked it twice last month. It goes well with steamed rice. 😋   Today, I'm going to share how to cook this stir-fried eggplants with you.


How to Cook Easy Stir Fried Eggplants

 

Ingredients (4 Servings)

1 large Eggplant (Chopped, and Soak in Saltwater)

2 Tablespoons of Katakuriko, Potato Starch

2 Tablespoons of Oil 

2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce

1 Tablespoon of Ponzu

1 Teaspoon of Oyster Sauce

1 Teaspoon of Sugar

1/2 Teaspoon of Salt

1 Teaspoon of Chicken Bouillon

1 Tablespoon of Oil

2 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)

1 Whole Red Chili Pepper (Chopped)

1/2 Cup of Green Onions (Chopped)



1. Soak eggplants in saltwater (1 teaspoon of salt + water) for over 5 minutes. Then, drain and pat dry.


2. Put eggplants and katakuriko, potato starch, in a plastic bag. I used Iwatani Eye Wrap (アイラップ), which is a cooking plastic bag I purchased in Japan.



    Close the plastic bag and shake it in order to coat eggplants with katakuriko.



3. Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Put the eggplants in it, and cook them for 3 minutes each side until it browned. (It might take 9 minutes to brown all sides.)





4. Take the eggplants out of the pan.

 

 

5. Mix soy sauce, ponzu, oyster sauce, sugar, salt and chicken bouillon in a bowl.



6. Heat oil in the pan over medium high heat. Put garlic and red chili pepper. Then, add the mixture in it.

      Stir them thoroughly.




7. Add cooked eggplants in it, and stir.


 

      Add green onions and stir.




8. Serve and enjoy!




      These are also my entries you might like.

■How to Cook Best Chicken Teriyaki

■How to Cook Quick and Easy Fluffy Mushroom Omelettes

■ICHIRAN Instant Ramen - The Best Instant Ramen from Popular Japanese Ramen Restaurant (How We Cooked!)  

■All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen

■Myojo Chukazanmai Ryanmen - The Best Hiyashi Chuka Instant Noodles

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■How to Cook Yakisoba with Instant Noodles, Sapporo Ichiban Chow Mein 

■How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

■How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness)
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment