Sunday, June 11, 2017

How to Cook Savory Deep-Fried Chi-Ai Tuna - What My Husband Cooked

     Today, my husband and I went to a Japanese supermarket and purchased fresh chi-ai tuna, which is called chi-ai maguro (血合いマグロ) in Japanese. Chi-ai is meat of tuna that is dark red with blood coming from parts close to the spine. It is nutrient-rich food, which contains iron, taurine, vitamin A, D, B1 and B6. Moreover, it decreases bad cholesterol, LDL cholesterol. Chi-ai tuna is usually cheaper than regular fresh tuna. We purchased fresh chi-ai tuna for about $2 per pound. :)
      Tonight, he cooked our favorite deep-fried chi-ai tuna (血合いマグロの竜田揚げ). It was so delicious! It had a lot of garlic flavor, and it tasted like Japanese style deep-fried chicken, wafu karaage (和風唐揚げ).  If you find chi-ai tuna at your local Japanese supermarket, you should try this healthy dish. Today, I'm going to share how to cook deep-fried chi-ai tuna with you.

Ingredients (4 servings)
1 lb of fresh chi-ai tuna
1 tablespoon of grated ginger

1 tablespoon of minced garlic
4 tablespoon of soy sauce
4 tablespoon of sake
reasonable quantity of potato starch (katakuriko)




1. Soak fresh tuna in water for 2 minute. Gently, rub tuna with your fingers in water. Then, discard water. Repeat this step three times.

2. Cut tuna into bite-size pieces.

3. Mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sake in a medium bowl. Marinate tuna in a mixture for 20 minutes.

4. Coat with potato starch. 




5. Deep-fry them until golden brown.
 

6. Enjoy!


     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.


       These are also my entries you might like.
■ Excellent Fresh Seafood at Japanese Supermarket

■ How to Cook Deep Fried Chi-ai Tuna, Tatsuta-age

■ How to Cook Miso Soup

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo - Japan Haul (Oct 2016)

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, Japan - Haul (2014) 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets



No comments:

Post a Comment