Thursday, December 31, 2015

How To Make Toshikoshi Soba

      As I mentioned in my previous entry, soba is one of popular Japanese foods. Toshikoshi soba is a Japanese traditional noodle dish eaten on New Year's Eve. Tonight, I cooked this toshikoshi soba. :) I'm going to share how to make toshikoshi soba with you.
My Toshikoshi Soba 2015

Ingredients (2 servings)

1/2 lb of chicken thigh (chopped)
2 servings of soba noodles (cooked according to a package)
3 cups of water
1 tablespoon of sake
3 oz of mentsuyu
2 tablespoons of mirin
1 teaspoon of konbucha
1/2 cup of green onion (finely chopped)
tenkasu (optional)
shichimi togarashi


1. Bring water and sake to a boil in a pan.

2. Add chicken, mentsuyu, mirin and Konbucha. Simmer them for a several mintues.

3. Put cooked noodle in a bowl and add the soup and chicken.

4. Garnish it with green onion, tenkasu and shichimi.

5. Enjoy!


Wishing you a bright and happy New Year! :)))



    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.




No comments:

Post a Comment