Thursday, November 16, 2023

How to Cook Chicken Nanbanzuke, Japanese Deep-Fried Chicken and Onion Marinated in Nanban Sauce

 

        I've watched this YouTube video and decided to cook this chicken nanbanzuke (チキン南蛮漬け), Japanese deep-fried chicken and onion marinated in nanban sauce. Because nanban sauce is made of vinegar and soy sauce, chicken nanbanzuke lasts long in the refrigerator, so you can cook large amount and enjoy it for a week. :)


     This tasted so good! The chicken was nice and moist and onion was fresh and crunchy. The vinegar makes chicken tender. :) Today, I'm going to share how to cook chicken nanbanzuke with you. You can also cook deep-fried fish nanbanzuke with this recipe by using fish instead of chicken.  


Ingredients (2 to 3 Servings)

3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce

2 Tablespoons of Mirin

2 Tablespoons of Sugar

3 Tablespoons of Vinegar

1 Dried Chili Pepper (Sliced)

1 Clove of Garlic (Grated) 

1 Onion (Sliced) 

2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil

1 Lb of Chicken Breast (Sliced)

1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce

1 Tablespoon of Sake

All-Purpose Flour

Oil for Deep Fry

 


1. Mix soy sauce, mirin, sugar, vinegar, dried chili pepper and garlic in a bowl. Microwave the mixture for one minute. Put sliced onion in the container, and add the heated mixture in it. Then, pour olive oil in it.



2. Marinate chicken with soy sauce and sake in the container for over 5 minutes.




3. Coat chickens with all-purpose flour. Deep-fry them until fully cooked. (In order to deep-fry them, you only need 1/3 to 1/2 inch of oil in the pan.)


4. Put deep-fried chickens over the onions with the mixture.


 

 5. Mix chickens and onions thoroughly. You can enjoy now, but you can also let them rest in the refrigerator over night, so that it can absorb the flavor.



6. Serve and enjoy!



      These are also my entries you might like.

■How to Cook Best Chicken Teriyaki

■How to Cook Quick and Easy Fluffy Mushroom Omelettes

■ICHIRAN Instant Ramen - The Best Instant Ramen from Popular Japanese Ramen Restaurant (How We Cooked!)  

■All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen

■Myojo Chukazanmai Ryanmen - The Best Hiyashi Chuka Instant Noodles

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■How to Cook Yakisoba with Instant Noodles, Sapporo Ichiban Chow Mein 

■How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

■How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness)
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment