Saturday, March 11, 2017

How to Cook Sara Udon, Japanese Crispy Deep-fried Noodles with Stir-fried Vegetable And Thick Soup

      Today, my husband and I purchased the instant sara udon noodles at a Japanese supermarket in the U.S., and he cooked this sara udon for dinner tonight! As you might know udon is Japanese thick white noodle dish, but Sara udon is not regular udon. Sara udon (皿うどん) is Japanese crispy deep-fried noodle dish topped with stir-fried vegetable and thick soup. It is a regional cuisine of Nagasaki prefecture in Japan. If you have never tried sara udon before, you really should tried it! It's very easy to cook and so delicious! You can find instant sara udon set at most Japanese supermarkets. :)
Instant Sara Udon Noodles
Ingredients (2 Servings)
1 Package of Instant Sara Udon Noodles ( It had two servings of noodles and soup powder.)
your favorite vegetables
your favorite meat or pork
10 oz of water
Two Hard Boiled Eggs (Optional)


     It usually has the instruction in Japanese on the back of the package, but I'm going to share how to cook sara udon with you. :)


 1. Take crispy fried noodles out of the package, and place them on plates. By the way, this instant sara udon package had two servings of noodles.


2. Stir-fry your favorite vegetables and meat or seafood. Tonight, he cooked cabbages, carrots, shitake mushroom, green onions and pork. 


3. Mix the sara udon soup powder with water (1 pack of powder with 5 oz of water). He cooked two servings of sara udon, so he mixed two packs of powder with 10 oz of water. Then, add mixture to the stir-fried vegetable. 


4. Simmer it until soup has thickened. 


5. Serve stir-fried vegetables over crispy noodles. He topped it with hard boiled eggs. Enjoy! 




    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.


       These are also my entries you might like.
■Sara Udon

■Japanese Breads Haul - Convenience Stores in Japan

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo - Japan Haul (Oct 2016)

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, Japan - Haul (2014) 

■What He Got at Haneda Airport, Tokyo International Airport - Japan Haul

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Japanese Drugstore Shopping List - 6 Best Japanese Products You Can Purchase at Drugstore in Japan!

■Myojo Chukazanmai, The Best Japanese Instant Noodles!

■Japanese Instant Noodle Haul

■Japanese Cup Noodle Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


4 comments:

  1. Hello. I found your blog when I look up some beauty products I will buy on Japan trip. And today I just left Japan with 100 sheet masks 😀 and some packs of Miso soup. I wish I could found facial cleansing machine Foreo but I didn't. Thank you about your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 100 sheets of facial mask! I also love instant miso soup since it's easy and so delicious. Seems you enjoyed a lot in Japan. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes,and I am sure I will come back Japan one more at least. I bought a facial massage machine too. It's name Ya-man and shape like character "Y". Do you know it? At the airport I found It like the one of Refa carat brand.
    From now on I will follow and get you my encouragement to continue this interesting blog. Hope to share you a new experiences in next Japan trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any Ya-man product, but I know that Ya-man is one of the most famous Japanese companies make high-tech beauty tools. I hope I will share more of Japanese beauty products with you through my blog before you travel Japan next time. :)

      Delete