Saturday, October 31, 2015

How to Cook Simmered Zenmai, Japanese Flowering Fern

       This week, I cooked Japanese flowering fern, which is called zenmai in Japanese. Zenmai is edible wild vegetable and eaten in some Asian countries including Japan. When I lived in Japan, I some times cooked it as well. Anyway, I bought zenmai at Korean supermarket here in the U.S. a while ago, and I finally cooked simmered zenmai this week. It turned out delicious salty Japanese side dishes. I'm going share how to cook it with you.
How to Cook Simmered Zenmai, Japanese Flowering Fern


Ingredients

1 lb of boiled zenmai (cut them into 1 inch length)
1/2 cups of carrot (cut them into strips)
1 pack of konnyaku noodles (cut them into 1 inch length)
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of sake
6 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 dried red pepper (cut them finely)
1 tablespoon of oil


1. Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Add dried red pepper, zenmai and carrot. Stir-fry them.

2. Add konnyaku and stir-fry them for 5 minutes.

3. Add sugar and stir thoroughly.

4. Add sake and soy sauce. Simmer it until until water evaporates.

5. Enjoy!




     This is my previous entry you might like.
How to Cook Fuki, Giant Butterbur


      This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan




No comments:

Post a Comment