Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Major League Baseball All-Stars - USPS Forever Stamps

      As I mentioned in my previous entry, I ordered some forever stamps last month. Today, I'm going to share with you this block of four forever stamps, Major League Baseball All-Stars.

      Personally, I am not a person who love sports. I've never been interested in watching sports even during Olympics or World Cup somehow. I wish I could enjoy it though. The only American baseball player I know is Babe Ruth, whose life story comic I read in Japanese when I was in elementary school. :)

      According to USPS Website, the four players honored on these stamps capture our imagination for their exploits and for what they symbolize—the best of baseball. In 2012, the Postal Service salutes Joe DiMaggio, Larry Doby, Willie Stargell, and Ted Williams. Each of these Hall of Famers was a perennial All-Star selection and each left an indelible impression on the game.
Major League Baseball All-Stars - USPS Forever Stamps


Issue Date:
July 20, 2012
Art Director/Designer:
Phil Jordan, Kadir Nelson

Willie Stargell (1940-2001)

Joe DiMaggio (1914-1999)

Ted Williams (1918-2002)

Larry Doby (1923-2003)


     My entries related to USPS stamps can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/USPS%20stamps

      You can check and buy stamps at Official USPS Store on Ebay.



No comments:

Post a Comment