Sunday, March 17, 2013

I Will Make a Habit for NCLEX

     Yesterday, my husband and I accomplished our 30-day challenge, which was going to our apartment gym for 30 days in a row. During our challenge, we were moving to our new apartment. We needed to move our belongings into our new apartment, and we had to do a lot of things for the moving. However, we didn't stop going to the gym. We were really tired everyday, but I am glad to accomplish this challenge from the bottom of my heart because I haven't had backaches since I started exercising even though I carried many stuffs for my moving. If I had given up my challenge, I would have strained my back. I've learned from my 30-day challenge that exercising everyday is obviously good for me to maintain my back. Going to our apartment gym has become our daily habit, and we will continue this from now on as well. :)

     I tried another challenge in the past 30 days. The challenge was reading an article out loud everyday, and I accomplished this challenge as well. :)
I have realized that reading and writing are interconnected, and reading is obviously my weakness. Before I started this challenge, I hadn't read books on my own will. I had read books because of homework and preparing for my study group. I was not an avid reader, so I made this challenge and started reading an article everyday. I think it will take time to improve my reading skill since I am still not confident with my reading skill now. When I chose an easy book, I could understand well but felt a little bored to read it. When I chose more difficult book, I read very carefully to understand the contents of the story, and I became tired. I think if I continue this, I will end up being used to it. I should continue this and overcome my difficulty.

     I think 30-day challenges are the best way to establish a good habit for me. :) I'd like to create a new habit for my next 30-day challenge! I'd like to study for NCLEX everyday. Last year, I studied for it everyday, and at the time, studying for nursing was my daily routine. I studied for it even while I was waiting for my friend and at a dentist, and I also studied during my class's break time. However, since I started taking writing classes, I haven't studied for it everyday. I know that I seriously need to study for it now because I am going to take NCLEX in 19 weeks from now. My husband told me that I should stop going to school if I am too busy by doing my homework because my current priority is studying for NCLEX more than English. I know that my knowledge for NCLEX is not far from the acceptance line, and I believe that I can pass it if I study for it as seriously as I did last year. However, I haven't started studying for it seriously this year! That is why I'd like to establish a habit for NCLEX. I think I won't have enough time to study for it because I need to make a great effort for my writing assignments. Sometimes, I do my homework all day long and often feel that it is endless. However, I will study for nursing every day for any length of time for next 30 days!  

         

No comments:

Post a Comment