Sunday, August 17, 2014

How to Cook Healthy Tomato Soup

      This morning, I cooked tomato soup which has been my favorite for 10 years. As you may know, tomatoes are very healthy foods because they contain the carotene Lycopene, one of the most powerful natural antioxidants. Lecopene is known that it might help to prevent cancer and improve the skin's ability to protect against harmful UV rays. After eating my tomato soup, I always feel like I treat my body well and become happy. :)

Healthy Tomato Soup

       Tomatoes have pretty sour taste, but adding potatoes makes it mild. That's why I always add potatoes in it. Anyway, I'm going to share how to cook tomato soup with you.

     Ingredients
・ 28 oz of canned crashed tomatoes (794g)
・ two canned chunk light tuna in vegetable oil
・ three potatoes (cut them into half inch dice)
・ three sticks of celery (cut them into half inch dice)
・ one onion (cut them into half inch dice)
・ two tablespoons of crushed garlic
・ one cube of bouillon
・ 3 cups of water
・ some crushed fresh parsley


     1. Heat vegetable oil, which is from canned tuna, in a pressure cooker over high heat, and stir-fry onion and garlic thoroughly.

     2. Add potato and celery, and stir-fry them.


     3. Add canned tomato, canned tuna, water and bouillon.


     4. Cover the lid. When it the pot is fully with pressure, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Then, turn off the heat. Wait until it naturally deflates completely.


     5. Add salt and pepper as you like.


     6. Put the soup in a bowl, and add parsley.

     7. Enjoy!



     This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes
     This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment