Friday, August 8, 2014

Bicycling - USPS Forever Stamps

     As I mentioned in my previous entry, I ordered some forever stamps on USPS.com and received them this week. I'm going to share this sheet of 20 forever stamps, Bicycling, with you tonight.

      Bicycling is one of the most popular outdoor activities in the U.S. When I moved to the U.S., I was surprised about the fact that cyclists wear helmets and cycling clothing like professional athletes. In Japan, bicycling is one of methods of transports. When I was in high school, I rode a bicycle to school with wearing school uniform every day. When I was working in Japan, I also used a bicycle to go to the nearest train station. While many people ride bicycles in Japan, only few people ride them for fun or as a sport activity. That's why I thought that the U.S. is probably the number one country whose people love bicycling. Am I right?
Bicycling - USPS Forever Stamps



Issue Date: June 07, 2012
Art Director/Designer: Phil Jordan, John Mattos


      This forever stamp below has the picture of a young child learning to ride. When I was a preschooler, I started practicing riding a bicycle.

Bicycling - USPS Forever Stamps
       This stamp below has the picture of a commuter pedaling to work.
Bicycling - USPS Forever Stamps
       The picture of this stamp below is a road racer intent on the finish line.
Bicycling - USPS Forever Stamps
     The last picture of this stamp below is an airborne BMX rider.
Bicycling - USPS Forever Stamps



     My entries related to USPS stamps can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/USPS%20stamps

      You can check and buy stamps at Official USPS Store on Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment