Friday, August 1, 2014

Japanese Almond Chocolate - Meiji, Lotte and Glico

     Today, I finally decided to compare almond chocolate between three different Japanese confectionery makers, Meiji, Lotte, and Glico. I was always wondering that how different their tastes were. As I mentioned in my previous entry, I bought Meiji Almond Chocolate for 139yen, Lotte Almond Chocolate for 139yen and Glico Almond Peak for 99yen at discount store in Japan.
Japanese Almond Chocolate

       I opened them up and was surprised that the packaging of Meiji and Lotte ones were almost same! Glico Almond Peak was packed with silver plastic bag.
Japanese Almond Chocolate

Meiji Almond Chocolate & Lotte Almond Chocolate
       The figures of almond chocolate made by Meiji and Lotte also looked same.

       Meiji one had 24 pieces of chocolate, and Lotte one had 23 pieces.
Meiji Almond Chocolate & Lotte Almond Chocolate
     
Glico Almond Peak
 Glico Almond Peak had 12 pieces of chocolate, but each chocolate was bigger than Meiji and Lotte ones.

Meiji Almond Chocolate, Lotte Almond Chocolate & Glico Almond Peak

      I was surprised that all three almond chocolate had slightly different tastes!
      Meiji ones were milk-chocolate-covered almonds with slightly caramel taste.
Meiji Almond Chocolate
Meiji Almond Chocolate


      Lotte ones were dark-chocolate-covered almonds, but they were not very bitter. :)
Lotte Almond Chocolate
Lotte Almond Chocolate


      Glico Almond Peak had pretty crunchy almond and had the best taste! According to their Website, the almonds were covered with sugar syrup and roasted for its crunchiness.
Glico Almond Peak


Glico Almond Peak

        My husband and I loved Glico Almond Peak the best. Glico was founded in 1921 and have been always making impressing sweets!


      This is my entries related Japanese Sweets and Snacks.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japanese%20sweets%20and%20snacks


     This is also my entry you might like.
Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

No comments:

Post a Comment