Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What I Got at a Supermarket in Japan - Haul

     When I was in Japan, I bought a lot of Japanese condiments at a supermarket. Although these are slightly expensive in the U.S., most of them are available for purchase at a Japanese supermarket here. Because I had a lot of free space in my suitcases then, I bought whatever I want. :) I'm going to share with you what I got there.


     My husband and I often eat miso soup, I bought six packages of instant miso soup. These are very easy to make miso soup. All I need to do is to just add hot water, but I usually add extra seaweeds and sliced green onion to make more nutritious.

     I bought some curry stuff. Bon Curry, famous Japanese instant curry, is ready to eat by just heating it up. :) Torokeru Curry is curry roux, which is used to make Japanese curry. I bought cans of curry for my first time. These are Thai curry made by Japanese food company. Before purchasing them, I watched this curry's review video on Youtube.

     I bought some dried seaweed. I will use them for miso soup mostly.

     Instant dashi is very useful when you make Japanese foods.

     I bought potato starch, flour for tempura, and flour for okonomiyaki.

      My husband and I sometimes eat steak, so I bought grilled meat sauce. When I was little, I love yakiniku, Japanese style grilled meat. These reminds me my childhood.

     I bought some dried bonito. I will use them for hiyayakko, cold tofu.

     I bought Japanese instant tonkotsu ramen. When I visit to Japan, I eat tonkotsu ramen because the hardness of noodles in Japan is very different from ones in the U.S. Japanese ramen restaurants serve noodles but they are too soft for me. I might be picky when it comes to ramen.

     I bought some furikake, a dry Japanese condiment for rice. When I am hungry, I will make rice ball with furikake.

     I bought miso, sauce for okonomiyaki, and ground-up sesame seeds.

     I bought barley tea bags. Japanese people usually drink barley tea at home everyday instead of water. It is caffeine free, so I can drink it anytime. :)

     I bought some Japanese bread. I think Japanese bread is very different from the ones in the U.S. It is softer and little bit sweeter. As soon as I arrived at home from Japan, I put them in my refrigerator.



     These are also my entries you might like.
Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

     This Youtube video show you many Japanese bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment