Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Naotarō Moriyama - Sakura

     I am going to Japan end of this month and am looking forward to seeing cherry blossoms, which is called sakura in Japanese. Cherry blossoms are short-lived, so I might not be able to see sakura though. They usually start to bloom in the middle to end of March, but it really depends on weather. You can see cherry blossom trees anywhere in Japan, so people are amazed by stunning view during cherry blossom season. Many people in Japan enjoy seeing sakura, which is called hanami in Japanese. If you are planning on going to Japan, I highly recommend you to go there during cherry blossom season, so you will develop a liking for Japan more than before.

     Today, I listened to the song, Sakura by Naotaro Moriyama. This song was released in 2003 and became popular in Japan. This song has been sung in chorus in graduation ceremonies because March is the month to graduate as well as sakura season in Japan.


     Naotaro Moriyama is a famous Japanese singer-songwriter, and his mother, Ryoko Moriyama, is also well-known folk and jazz singer in Japan. Musical genius runs in his family. :)

Naotaro Moriyama / Sakura

      I also found that Gille, a Japanese singer, has covered his song in English. :)

Gille / Sakura


Lyrics

I promise you I’ll be waiting for you
Till the day that I can see you
Once again


You see the cherry blossoms blooming all around
It’s time for us to say goodbye


You stayed so strong even when the times were hard
I remember you were there smiling for me


When I was so close to giving up all my dreams
You gave me hope to stand on my feet


As I look around everything just fades away
Whenever I close my eyes, I hear that song


SAKURA SAKURA Now they are blooming all around
Even though they know that sooner they are coming to the end
 

Say goodbye, all my friends, and I see you once again
I promise you that you will always be in my heart


Hope I can say how I really feel inside
All the things I tried to tell you way before
 

I wanna cherish your future and your dreams
With the words coming from my true heart


The times are changing now
The seasons come and go

 Sometimes I feel like the world is rushing us

SAKURA SAKURA Now I see them falling down
Just believing that someday they will be coming back to life
 

Don’t you cry, All my friends, It’s time to say goodbye
I wanna see you smiling once again oh


SAKURA SAKURA Now I see them flying away
See the sunlight shedding on them as they’re dancing in the air
 

Say goodbye, all my friends I will see you once again right here
Place where flowers keep blooming every year
Place where flowers keep blooming every year
Our place







This is my previous entries related to songs I like.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/songs



No comments:

Post a Comment