Monday, March 10, 2014

Amber Alert

     Today, my iPhone suddenly sounded an alarm loudly, and I noticed that it was the Amber Alert, which stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response. The Amber Alert system was first issued in Texas in 1996. It was named for 9-year old Amber Hagerman, who was abducted and murdered.

     Today's Amber Alert was issued in order to find a 12-year boy who was abducted by his own mother. The Amber Alert included the feature of the car with the car license plate number and the car model. Two hours later after the Amber Alert, police found the boy in Oceanside and arrested his mother. If she is convicted as charged with kidnapping, she will possibly be sentenced to 13 years in prison.

     Even though I don't usually watch TV, I knew this news through the Amber Alert on my iPhone. Nowadays, many people have smart phones which lead to early resolution to the abduction cases.




No comments:

Post a Comment