Thursday, July 28, 2022

How to Cook Best Chicken Teriyaki

 

       Last night, I cooked this chicken teriyaki for dinner. It tasted so good! I thought that it tasted better than ones most Japanese restaurants serve. It's easy to cook and costs $1 to $2 for one serving (it depends on which chicken thigh you choose such as organic one or not) . If you are on a budget or not, I would like you to try this best chicken teriyaki recipe. 😊


How to Cook Best Chicken Teriyaki


Ingredients (3 Servings) 

1.5 lb of Chicken Thigh (Skin-on, Boneless)

2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce

2 Tablespoons of Sake

1 Tablespoon of Mirin

1 Tablespoon of Sugar


Chicken Thigh (Skin-on, Bone-in)
      I usually purchase chicken thighs (skin-on, bone-in) at Costco. A 6-pack chicken thigh (average 9 lb for 6 packs) is usually around $10 at Costco. Each pack contains three pieces of chicken thigh.
Chicken Thigh (Skin-on, Bone-in)

Chicken Thigh
     Remove bones from chicken thigh. Then, score the chicken in order to absorb teriyaki sauce well.
Chicken Bones with Meat

    You can still use chicken bones with meat for other recipe such as chicken soup and deep-fried chicken. 



How to Cook Best Chicken Teriyaki

 1. Heat a large pan over high heat. Place the chicken in the pan, skin side down. Cook it without a lid for 5 minutes until skin is golden brown.

       I use a grease splatter screen to stop grease splashing.

Grease Splatter Screen

   


 2. Flip the chicken and cover the lid. Cook it for 4 minutes.




3. Remove the lid. Wipe off excess grease from the pan.




4. Pour the mixture of soy sauce, sake, mirin and sugar into the pan. 

        Flip the chicken occasionally. Frequently spooning the sauce over the chicken and cook it for 3 minutes.




5. Serve and enjoy!




      These are also my entries you might like.

■How to Cook Easy Chicken Teriyaki with Sesame Miso Sauce

■How to Cook Naporitan, Japanese Pasta Dish

■ICHIRAN Instant Ramen - The Best Instant Ramen from Popular Japanese Ramen Restaurant (How We Cooked!)  

■All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen

■Myojo Chukazanmai Ryanmen - The Best Hiyashi Chuka Instant Noodles

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■How to Cook Yakisoba with Instant Noodles, Sapporo Ichiban Chow Mein 

■How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

■How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness)
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment