Sunday, October 10, 2021

How to Cook Miso Soup at Home

 

     When I was a child, I had miso soup every day. Smell of miso soup my mother cooked woke me up every morning at that time. She always cooked miso soup with seasonal vegetables. 😋

     I still really love miso soup and sometimes cook it at home. Cooking miso soup is very easy. Today, I'm going to share how to cook miso soup with you. 

 


 

Ingredients (4 servings)

2 Cups of Water

Your Favorite Vegetable (Gobo, Mushrooms, Radishes, Spinach, Potatoes, Egg Plants, Squash, Okura, Onions and etc)

Your Favorite Meat, Seafood, or Tofu (Thinly Sliced Pork, Salmon, Clams, Tofu or etc)

1 Teatspoon of Hondashi

1 to 2 Tablespoons of Miso Paste (White Miso, Red Miso or Awase Miso)

2 Teaspoons of Dried Wakame, Seaweeds

1/4 Cup of  Green Onions (Chopped)



Gobo, Burdock Roots

My Frozen Gobo, Burdock Roots
        For vegetables, I often add frozen gobo, burdock roots. After purchasing gobo, I slice gobo thinly, put them in a ziploc bag and keep them in freezer. Gobo is perfect for miso soup.



Okra, Okura

Okra, Okura
     This time, I added okra, okura to my miso soup. I purchased this frozen cut okra at Whole Foods. When you add frozen okura to miso soup, you will enjoy its unique slimy texture. It remind me of Japanese popular nameko mushroom miso soup. Nameko mushroom has also slimy texture.
Okra, Okura






1. Pour water into a sauce pan.  Add your favorite vegetable, meat and hondashi, and bring it to a boil. Simmer it for 10 minutes.

     This time, I added gobo, brown mushroom, and okura for vegetable.
 




2. With using a miso koshi strainer, blend miso into soup.

Miso Koshi Strainer

 


3. Put dried wakame into a Japanese soup bowl, which is called owan (お椀).


 

 

4. Pour miso soup into a bowl, and garnish with green onions.



 

 

5. Enjoy!


 

      These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix 

■How to Cook Tori Meshi - Savory Japanese Rice with Chicken and Gobo

■How to Boost Your Immune System - 6 Foods That Can Boost Your Immune System

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

■How to Cook Chicken Tortilla Soup

■How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness)
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Easy Chicken Teriyaki with Sesame Miso Sauce

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment