Sunday, August 27, 2017

How to Cook Wafu Pasta, Japanese Style Pasta Dish

     Yesterday, I cooked wafu pasta (和風パスタ), a Japanese style pasta dish. There are many kinds of Japanese style pasta dishes. This time, I cooked a soy sauce flavored onion pasta dish and it turned out so delicious. It reminded me of wafu mushroom pasta I used to eat with my friends when I was in high school in Japan. My friends and I used to go to a Japanese cafe restaurant by bicycle on Saturdays after school. We enjoyed talking and our delicious lunch there. I remember that I loved their wafu mushroom pasta and wafu pilaf there. :)  This time, I didn't add any mushrooms because I didn't have ones in my refrigerator.  Anyway, I'm going to share how to make wafu pasta with you.



Ingredients (4 Servings)
1lb (454g) of Spaghetti
4 Tablespoons of Oil
1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic
1 Onion (Sliced) 
Shimeji Mushrooms (Optional)
2 Cans of Tuna
7 Fl Oz (200ml) of Water
3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Hondashi
Chopped Green Onions
Nori (Cut into small pieces) or Kizami Nori





1. Cook spaghetti according to the instruction of the package.


2. Heat oil and garlic in a pan over low heat. Add onions and stir-fry them over medium heat for 3 minutes.



3. Add tuna and mushroom. Stir them.




4. Add water, soy sauce and hondashi. Cover the lid. Simmer it for 3 minutes.





5. Add cooked spaghetti and stir them. 




6. Serve it on a plate. Sprinkle green onions and nori over it. Enjoy!




       These are my entries you might like.
■How To Make Naporitan - Japanese Pasta Dish

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■ Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 21 - 30)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Tamago Kake Gohan - Raw Egg on Rice

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Make Tamagoyaki, Japanese Omelette

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.



No comments:

Post a Comment