Thursday, February 29, 2024

How to Make Japanese Potato Salad

 

        Have you ever tried Japanese potato salad (ポテトサラダ, ポテサラ)? As I mentioned in my previous entry, Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 41 - 50), Japanese potato salad is one of the most popular Japanese foods. It's usually served as side dishes, and it is also perfect for sandwich filling. 

        I've been really into this Japanese potato salad recipe recently. I watched this Japanese YouTube video and learned that adding Parmesan cheese and chicken flavor bouillon make the potato salad to the next level. I didn't add bacon nor sugar, but it tasted so good! Today, I'm going to share how to make Japanese potato salad with you. I think that once you try this recipe, you will be into this salad forever. 😋





Ingredients (8 Servings)

1/2 Onion (Thinly Sliced with Using A Slicer)

1 Cucumber (Thinly Sliced with Using A Slicer)

1/2 Teaspoon of Salt

4 Potatoes (Chopped)

1 Tablespoon of Grated Parmesan Cheese

2 Teaspoons of Chicken Flavor Bouillon

3 Tablespoons of Japanese Mayonnaise

1 Tablespoon of Mustard

Black Peppers




1. Slice onion and cucumber with using a slicer. Sprinkle salt over them, and mix them. Let it sit for over 10 minutes.





2. Put potatoes in a microwave-safe container, and cover it with plastic wrap. Microwave the potato on high power for 6 minutes. Then, use a toothpick, chopstick or fork to check if the potatoes are fully cooked. (Insert a toothpick into the center of the potato. If it goes in easily and comes out hot, the potatoes are done. If not, microwave them another minute, and check it again.)

          Cover the container with plastic wrap again. Place a hand towel over the container to keep it nice and hot for 10 minutes. This allows the potatoes to continue cooking with the remaining heat.




3. Mash the potatoes with a fork or potato masher.




4. Add grated Parmesan cheese and chicken flavor bouillon. Mix them thoroughly.



5. Wrap cucumbers and onions with paper towel. Then, squeeze it tightly in order to remove excess water. 







6. Add cucumbers and onions to mushed potatoes.



7. Add mayonnaise and mustard. Sprinkle grated black peppers. Mix them thoroughly.





8. Serve and enjoy!




      These are also my entries you might like.

■How to Cook Best Chicken Teriyaki

■How to Cook Quick and Easy Fluffy Mushroom Omelettes

■ICHIRAN Instant Ramen - The Best Instant Ramen from Popular Japanese Ramen Restaurant (How We Cooked!)  

■All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen

■Myojo Chukazanmai Ryanmen - The Best Hiyashi Chuka Instant Noodles

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■How to Cook Yakisoba with Instant Noodles, Sapporo Ichiban Chow Mein 

■How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

■How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness)
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment