Wednesday, February 3, 2016

How To Clean Kitchen Grease

        When I was living in Japan, I used to use Magic Spray, which is also named "Magiclean" in Japan, to clean heavy kitchen grease. When I used Magi Spray for my first time in Japan, I was really surprised that it worked like a charm! I really wished I could find it sooner! It's because cleaning kitchen grease had been very hard for me until I found it. However, after moving to the U.S., I couldn't find the best cleaning product which actually removes heavy grease as easily as Magic Spray.

        I wipe most of kitchen cabinet surfaces and an entire countertop with a damp cloth everyday, but cabinet above the vent got very greasy since I cannot reach it and didn't wipe it for a while. I searched how to clean grease in Japanese and found that baking soda works because baking soda is alkaline cleaning agent which dissolves acidic based substance such as fat, oil and protein by neutralizing acidity.Yesterday, I tried baking soda to remove grease for my first time, and it worked surprisingly! I'm going to share how I cleaned my kitchen with you.       

■How to Clean Kitchen Cabinet Surfaces■

What You Will Need
・1 to 3 tablespoons of Baking Soda
・2 cups of water
・1 wiping cloth

 1. Mix baking soda and water in a large bowl. Soak a cloth in it. Wring the water out of cloth.

 2. Wipe with the damp cloth on cabinet surfaces. Then wipe with a dry cloth to finish up.

      As you can see the photo below, while the left side of the cabinet is still greasy, the right half I wiped up looks nice and clean. :)


■How to Clean Stove Top Grease■

What You Will Need
baking soda
・a damp cloth

1. Sprinkle baking soda on grease of the stove top. Wait for 20 minutes or so.

2. Wipe up with a damp cloth. That's all!

         If you are looking for the best cleaning product for kitchen grease, I recommend these two products based on my experience. Magic Spray and baking soda really work like a charm. :)
          


     Here is my entries related Konmari Method.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Konmari%20Method

     My entries related to cleaning can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cleaning

No comments:

Post a Comment