Friday, September 21, 2012

The Reason Why We Need to Learn about Writing

Today, I went to cafe to meet my friend who is taking ESL class in my college. She told me that she wanted to stop going to school. She has an assignment for writing essay, but she finds it difficult to write because it is her first essay. She isn't planning on going to university. That's why she can't find the reason of improving writing skill. She wants to improve her speaking skill now. I won't go to university too, but I found the value of writing skill. You might think it's funny, but now I'm really interested in learning about writing. While most people don't like taking writing class, I really enjoyed it. I strongly want to improve my writing skill more and more. I told her about my experience. Last week, I needed to write a letter of complaint to a company because I was not able to get a reward. It was a first time to write a letter to the company. Few days later, I received a reply from them, and I'm going to get the reward within a week. I thought my study for writing is finally paying off. I was glad about improving my writing skill. In our lives in the U.S., we have to write something occasionally. I advised her to at least finish taking advanced writing class. Sometimes, people lose our willpower for studying English and so do I. As an immigrant, we must keep studying English, and it can not be avoided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment