Monday, September 17, 2012

Summary Assignment

Today, I received my summary assignment, which I handed in last week. My teacher has already evaluated it, and I got A. Yay! :) I did not get a perfect score on this assignment though. I made some grammar mistakes. I used to believe I was pretty good at grammar, but I still make some mistakes. :P  My teacher showed a part of my summary as one of good examples in our class. I didn't realize for a while it was mine. She asked all the students who got A to email the summary to her. She wants show our whole summary to everyone. In this assignment, only three students got A.
Today, she said to us that she didn't usually give A to many students because she wants to evaluate them correctly. She explained about bell curve.

 I didn't know what a bell curve was. She usually gives A to 5% of all students and F to 5% of all students. So, most of students get B or C. If we did well enough, we can pass the class but it is not easy. I have been taking many ESL class for three years. I remember that some other teachers told us before, "80% of students are able to get A in this class!" Passing ESL class had not been too difficult so far. Of course, few of my former teachers were very strict though.  As I mentioned before, my current class is definitely not easy. Regardless of how difficult our class is, I just keep my best as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment