Saturday, September 22, 2012

Breakable Products

Two years ago, we bought an fan at Target, but it broke this year. I was surprised because I never imagine that it would get broken. I never had an experience like that in Japan. There are some fans in my parents' house in Japan. All of them are still working well even now. Even though some of them were made over 20 years ago, they have no problem. I used to believe fans work forever unless you break them yourself.
Then, we bought another fan this summer because this summer was very hot, and we really needed it. Today, we noticed it was broken again. I thought it couldn't be helped because it was not made in Japan. I don't believe everything made in Japan has the highest quality, but today I thought it may be true. I can say Japanese products are top quality. Whenever I have a chance to buy electric appliances, I will choose Japanese product if I can afford it. Japanese products are always expensive in the U.S., but they function properly and last for a very long time. In the long run, you can save money.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ function : verb / 機能する、働く
  ex) My brain doesn't function very well. : 頭があまり働かない。◆疲労や睡眠不足が原因で。
・ in the long run : 長い目で見れば、長期的には、結局(は)
  ex) n the long run, it is cheaper to buy the larger bottle than the small one. : 長い目で見れば、小瓶より大瓶を買った方が安い。
 

No comments:

Post a Comment