Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Philosophy

I sometimes feel cultural differences between Japan and other countries.
Long time ago, my friend told me that she and her son found iPod touch at a parking lot one day. She thought she was lucky because iPod touch was pretty expensive. Then, she kept it and enjoyed using it. If I were her, I would definitely take it to lost and found, because I don't feel comfortable to use something which someone lost. Maybe, the person is still trying to find it and depressed by losing it. I wish the person would find it and would be relieved.
When I was a child, we were educated ethic in Japan. I don't exactly remember how much we learned, but I believe we had ethic class at least two hours a week when I was in grade school. I think it has an effect on my philosophy. When I was in elementary school, we were complimented by taking something to lost and found. If we found something outside of a school, we took it to police even if it was just 50 cents. (It doesn't matter how much it is.) It's because it is common sense for us. I think keeping something that we pick up is not good idea; moreover, I can say it is kind of a wrong doing. I asked my husband, who is also Japanese, about that. He said that he learned the same things in grade school in Japan and was always proud of taking it to police. However, it is just our opinion from Japanese standpoint. So, I should always try to understand different opinions from different people.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ wrongdoing : noun /  悪事、不正行為

 

2 comments:

  1. I do agree with you.

    Once I went to a public bathroom, a woman came out of the cabin and I get in. There I found a very new smartphone that she forgot. Icould easily took it and left, but instead I called her and give her back, because I'd like people to do the same with me if I ever lost something :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you think the same way as I do. I hope everyone does the same. Thank you for your comment. :)

      Delete