Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Discribing Something

Today, I did my assignment for my writing class. I need to describe one place in 5 to 9 sentences in one paragraph. I chose the cafeteria at my college for my assignment. We are supposed to use many adjectives and some simile expressions. However, the more adjectives I used, the more my paragraph became complicated. I know my sentences lead to confusion. And also it was difficult to summarize within 9 sentences. :(( I think I need more practice. Tomorrow, I'm going to take tutoring, and I'm planing on asking my tutor how I can properly describe the place. Learning about describing something in my class leads to improving my writing skill for reviews. If I become confident about describing, I'd like to try to write on some review sites in English. :)






 Today's Vocabulary
・ simile : noun / 直喩◆二つの異なるものをlikeやasを使って比較する修辞技法。 (Pronunciation is si'məliː)      

No comments:

Post a Comment