Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Important Process

Today, my previous grammar test was returned to me. I was expecting to get 100% correct, but I made one mistake! Because I didn't feel well that day, I didn't check my answers carefully. I should have done it. That was a very easy mistake. :(  The other ESL teacher had told us before that she checks and drafts as many time as she can when she writes something. She had published some issues before. She believes she is a good writer. I think so too. She said that ESL teacher often makes mistakes as well as ESL students do. One day, she made a small document. She spent two hours to make it. Because she was in a hurry, she didn't check the document carefully. After she made 60 copies, she found 16 spelling mistakes in it. She said that she regretted not checking carefully. She had to waste 60 papers and her time to make it again. What I want to say is when you do something, accuracy is more important than speed. Regardless of who you are and what you are doing, double checking is very important process.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ double-check : verb / 〔作成した情報などに間違いがないように〕二重のチェックをする、念のために再確認する、ダブルチェックする、念を入れる、駄目を押す
  ex) All right, I'll double-check it to be sure. : では、念のためダブルチェックします。 

No comments:

Post a Comment