Saturday, June 23, 2012

Their Habitat Is Here

This week, I saw the most dangerous neighbor I've ever met.







People call it "skunk". I didn't want to reach out to it because I was afraid it might spray me with smelly odor. Skunks don't have good eye sights. They can't see object more than three meters away. However, they have excellent sense of smell and hearing. If you see a skunk, you should at least keep a safe 6 meter distance because skunks can spray out 4 to 5 meters.

My husband has seen skunks many times. According to him, the premise of our apartment is their habitat. I have to be very careful to look around while I walk outside during the evenings. :(






 Today's Vocabulary
・ reach out to : ~に接触する
・ spray with : ~を吹きつける
・ smelly : adjective : 悪臭を放つ
・ keep a safe distance : 安全な距離を保つ
・ premise : noun / 敷地

1 comment:

  1. Hello ,
    You like the skunks !!!
    Let me show my beautiful creations of decorative mailboxes !
    Models : dogs, cats, horses, farm animals, wild animals, birds, vehicles, fish, snoopy.

    Be the first to own one of these very unique mailboxes!
    “ … This mailboxes will do turn the heads of the passers-by”.

    Web site : http://pages.globetrotter.net/miche/mailboxes.html

    ReplyDelete