Monday, May 7, 2012

The Reason Why I Should Exercise Regularly

I have had backache since yesterday morning. I usually go to the library to study for three hours or so after class, but I didn't go to the library today. That's because I couldn't carry too much stuff today. When I go to the library, I take my netbook, my tumbler full of tea and textbooks for nursing and ESL. I took only my ESL textbook and pencil case to class, but it was too heavy for me because my back condition was serious.

Five years ago, I got a severe backache when I carried my patient, who was overweight. My backache got worse and worse. Finally, I was not able to walk, get up, nor change my body position. It was my hardest time ever. I had to spend time in my bed all day long for two weeks. I thought I was very miserable. I wanted to work but I couldn't do anything. Then, I was diagnosed with lumbar disc herniation. My doctor told me that if I were not a nurse, he would recommend me to get a surgery. He said that I knew how to control and how I should avoid getting backaches. I did rehabilitation by myself at home. I really wanted to go back to work. After a time my backache got better and better. Then, I recovered and I went back to my normal life.

I know if I exercise regularly, I can avoid this condition, but I tend to be lazy and I don't enjoy exercising. :P
Even though I don't like to exercise, I have to do it for my health. I wouldn't want to go back to when I was in bed all day long.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ tumbler full of ~ : ~がたっぷり入ったタンブラー
・ after a time : すると、しばらくすると
・ tend to : ~しがちである、~する傾向がある


No comments:

Post a Comment