Tuesday, May 8, 2012

How to Use While

Today, I went to college to take my tutoring. I asked my tutor some grammar.
Last night, I looked over my old textbook, which I used two years ago at another ESL school. The ESL school had variety of classes, which were scaled between level 2 to 6. I started at level 3 class. I went up a level every three months. While I was studying at the school for a year, I ended up finishing level 5 class. I looked over the level 5 textbook last night. It had been two years since I used the textbook. Keeping up with the class was very hard for me two years ago. Since then, my English has been improving. I was expecting that the textbook was not difficult any more. When I looked over the textbook, I was shocked. I had thought that I was pretty good at grammar, but there were many advanced grammar, which I learned, and I already forgot. I still find it difficult to study the textbook. I'll restudy the textbook on my own. I was only glad that the reading in the textbook was easy for me event though some grammar was still difficult.
I studied how to use "While" with my tutor.

You can use while in order to present contrasting information, especially in writing.
For example,

・ While Leo prefers a big breakfast, I just have coffee.
・ While I like sandwiches, she dislikes them.
・ While I want to buy a red car, my husband prefers a blue car.

I should sometimes use the word of "While" in my blog. I found that I should review grammar more from the textbook.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ restudy : verb / 再学習する、再勉強する
・ while : ~なのに、~ではあるものの、~だが、~とはいえ、しかし一方
・ present : verb / 示す

No comments:

Post a Comment