Wednesday, May 2, 2012

These Expression Challenges Me

Today, my teacher gave back my test which I took last Monday. I did well on my test. Then, he handed out our current grades to us. My overall class rank was number 1. Yay! It was the first time we received our grades this semester, he handed out them about four times last semester though. I was not sure whether or not I was doing well. But I did! Hehe...

Yesterday, I asked my tutor how to use "it feels..." I still find it difficult to use that expression. I should use it more frequently, so that I will get used to it.

For example...
・ I felt that the earthquake was strong.
 It felt strong.
・ I feel that the table is hard.
 It feels hard.
・ I feel that these boots are heavy.
 These feel heavy.


I also find it difficult to use "I find it difficult to ( verb ) ... " I'm using it now though. :D Haha... My tutor said this expression is as same as "I feel challenged by (noun) ..."

・ I find it difficult to speak English.
  I feel challenged by English.
・ I find it difficult to read this book.
  I feel challenged by this reading book.


I also find it difficult to use the word "challenge."

・ It is challenging.
・ The book challenges me.

I hope I will get used to these expression soon.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ find it difficult to : ~することは難しいと思う、~するのが困難である、~するのに困難を感じる
  ex) I find it difficult to say no.
  ex) She found it difficult to forget him.

・ feel challenged : 難問だと感じる




No comments:

Post a Comment