Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Meeting Day

Yesterday, my friends and I went to Korean BBQ restaurant.
I was surprised that this restaurant was very stylish and quality of meat was very good! All you can eat for lunch was $14.99.

Then, we went to Kean Coffee, and I ordered cappuccino.

My Japanese friend, whom I mentioned before, is going to attend graduation ceremony of an elementary school where he used to work as principal in Japan. He said that he will stay for two weeks this time, but he is planning on moving back to Japan this summer permanently. It's because his daughter and son-in-law rely on him financially. He has been supporting them since she got married, but they haven't tried to save up money to support themselves, despite having three children. He wants them to think about the future and be independent as adults and parents for children.
My Korean friend gave birth to a baby boy last December. She showed over 300 pictures and looked happy. :) I gave clothes for babies 0-3 months old to her before her baby was born. The baby is getting bigger and bigger every day. So, he can't wear it anymore. Now, he is 2 and half months old though.
Then, we were talking about plastic surgery. In Korea, plastic surgery is very popular. My Korean friend said that most of her friends in Korea got plastic surgery. Some of them got drastic change from surgery, and their faces became prettier than before. All my friends in Japan have never gotten plastic surgery, at least I am not aware about it. Japanese people usually don't share whether they have had plastic surgery or not. In Japan, plastic surgery is not common. As I mentioned before, Japanese people believe that our bodies were given from our parents, and we shouldn't damage our bodies intentionally. I felt a cultural difference between Korea and Japan.
And, my Korean friend is also going to visit Korea and stay for three months. I'll meet her three months later. She said that she will bring her baby to our next meeting. I'm looking forward to meeting her baby!





 Today's Vocavulary
・ attend graduation ceremony : 卒業式に参列する
・ support oneself : 自活、自立する
  ex) support oneself financially : 経済的に自立する
・ despite : adjective / ~をよそに、~にもかかわらず
・ a drastic change : 劇的な変化
・ at least : 少なくとも

No comments:

Post a Comment