Thursday, January 21, 2021

How to Cook Pork and Cabbage Umami Nabe

 

      I really love Japanese nabe (鍋), Japanese hot pot dishes! This winter, I've cooked this pork and cabbage umami nabe many times. It's very easy to cook. The soup has savor of garlic, pork and sesame seeds. If you love the taste of ramen, you might love this recipe. Today, I'm going to share how to cook this pork and cabbage umami nabe with you.


How to Cook Pork and Cabbage Umami Nabe

Ingredients (6 Servings)
5 Cups (1000ml) of Water
1/4 Cups (50ml) of Sake 
1 Tablespoon of Chicken Bouillon
2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 lb of Pork (Thinly Sliced or Minced)
1/2 Medium Head of Cabbage (Cut into large pieces.)
2 Cloves of Garlic (Sliced)
2 Tablespoons of Roasted Sesame Seeds

 

1. Put water, sake, chicken bouillon and salt in a pan over medium high heat, and bring it to a boil.


 

 

 2. Add pork, and cook it for a minute.




3. Add cabbage. Reduce the heat to medium low. Cover the lid, and simmer it for 5 minutes.




4. Add garlic, and simmer it for a minute.




5. Grind sesame seeds. In Japan, people use a suribachi (すり鉢) to grind sesame seeds. 

Suribachi (すり鉢)

Suribachi (すり鉢)



6. Serve in a bowl, and sprinkle ground sesame seeds over it.



7. Enjoy!



      These are also my entries you might like.
■How to Cook Tori Meshi - Savory Japanese Rice with Chicken and Gobo

■How to Boost Your Immune System - 6 Foods That Can Boost Your Immune System

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

■How to Cook Chicken Tortilla Soup

■How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness)
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest



 

No comments:

Post a Comment