Monday, April 30, 2018

How to Cook Wafu Hoi-Ko-Ro - Stir-Fried Pork and Vegetable with Red Miso Sauce

     Yesterday, my husband cooked wafu hoi-ko-ro bowl with red miso paste. Hoi-ko-ro (回鍋肉), twice cooked pork, is originated in China. While Chinese one is stir-fried pork and garlic leaves with spicy doubanjiang, Japanese one is made from pork (or beef) and cabbages and is sweet and salty. We purchased red miso paste, aka miso (赤みそ), at Japanese supermarket this weekend, and he cooked this hoi-ko-ro last night. It was so delicious! Today, I'm going to share with you how to cook wafu hoi-ko-ro bowl (和風 回鍋肉丼). I hope you can try it someday.  By the way, wafu (和風) means Japanese style. ;)

Ingredients (4 Servings)
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
2 Gloves of Garlic (Sliced)
14 oz (400g) of Pork (Thinly Sliced)
2 Onions (Chopped)
1 Green Bell Pepper (Chopped)
6 Leaves of Cabbages (Chopped)
2 oz (60g) of Red Miso Paste (Aka Miso, 赤味噌, 赤みそ)
3 Tablespoons of Sugar
4 Tablespoons of Sake
4 Servings of Cooked Rice
1 Tablespoon of Roasted White Sesame Seeds

How to Cook Wafu Hoi-Ko-Ro Bowl



1. Heat oil and garlic in a large pan over high heat.When you notice garlic aroma, add pork in it. Saute and brown the pork. Add onion and green bell pepper, and stir-fry them until cooked.
Add cabbage and stir-fry them for 1 minute.



2. Mix red miso paste, sugar and sake in a bowl thoroughly. Then, add it in a pan. 

Stir them.



3. Serve cooked rice in a bowl.



4. Serve hoi-ko-ro over the rice. Sprinkle sesame seeds over it. Enjoy!




       These are also my entries you might like.
■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Make Warabimochi with Microwave Oven

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Make Nitamago, Japanese Ramen Eggs

■How to Cook Naporitan, Japanese Pasta Dish

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.




No comments:

Post a Comment