Monday, May 13, 2019

How to Cook Bluefin Tuna and Tomato Pasta

      Last week, I cooked tuna and tomato pasta for dinner because my husband's co-worker gave him fresh bluefin tuna fillets. He told me that his co-worker went fishing and caught a bluefin tuna! That's why we really enjoyed this pasta dish. It was actually so delicious, and white wine was perfect for this fish pasta. ;)  Today, I'm going to share how to cook tuna and tomato pasta with you. 
Ingredients for 4 Servings
1 lb of Fresh Tuna (Diced)
4 Tablespoons of Sake or Any Alcohol 
17.6 oz (500g) of Spaghetti 
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
6 Cloves of Garlic from Garlic Oil (Minced)
2 Dried Red Peppers (Chopped)
1 Onion (Sliced)
4 Anchovies
Nip of Salt and Black Peppers
1 Tomato (Diced)
12 Fresh Fennel Stalks with Fronds (Minced)
4 Tablespoons of Hot Water (from the pot you cooked your spaghetti.)




Fennel
Whole Fresh Fennel
     I purchased this fresh fennel bulb for $2.50 at my local Sprouts Farmer's Market, and I used only fresh fennel stalks and fronds for this recipe.
Fresh Fennel Stalks and Fronds

Garlic Olive Oil
Garlic Olive Oil
      I made garlic olive oil months ago. It's very easy to make. Just put peeled fresh garlic cloves in olive oil in a jar. Store it in cool dark place for over a month. It's perfect ingredients for pasta sauce.   
Minced Garlic from Garlic Olive Oil


Anchovies
Anchovies
     I also purchased this caned anchovies at my local Sprouts Farmer's Market. It was about $2.




How to Cook Tuna and Tomato Pasta

1. Soak fresh diced tuna in sake for over 5 minutes to remove fishy taste.


2. Cook the spaghetti in boiling water according to the package.



3. Heat oil in a large pan. Stir fry garlic and red peppers.


4. Add anchovies and onions, tuna, salt and black pepper.






5. When tuna is fully cooked, add tomatoes and fennels. Stir them thoroughly.






6. Add hot water from the pan which you cooked spaghetti in. Then, add cooked spaghetti and stir them thoroughly. Season with salt and black pepper according to your taste.


7. Serve and enjoy.



       These are also my entries you might like.
■How to Cook Naporitan, Japanese Pasta Dish

■How to Cook Wafu Pasta, Japanese Style Pasta Dish

■How to Cook Chicken and Tomato Pasta

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■The Best Japanese Instant Curry! (S&B Golden Curry & House Foods Curry Sauce)

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew

■How to Cook Soboro Don, Japanese Scrambled Meat And Egg Bowl

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment