Thursday, September 22, 2016

Shopping Kitchen Flooring

My Kitchen Flooring
       Last weekend, my husband and I went to Lowe's to see peel-and-stick flooring for our kitchen. When we bought our condominium about two months ago, we decided to update the kitchen flooring, which is ceramic tiles. A few of the tiles in the kitchen have cracked. At first, I wanted to replace an entire flooring with new stylish ceramic tiles, but he told me that it was not a good idea because installing ceramic tiles wouldn't be so easy. He preferred vinyl flooring just like our previous apartment which had one in the kitchen and bathroom. We know vinyl flooring is durable and comfortable under foot. Beside all that, it's easier to install and very affordable. :)

     That's why we looked for vinyl flooring at Lowe's. There were many flooring products we could choose from.
at Lowes

       I always wanted to check groutable peel-and-stick vinyl tiles at Lowe's because I saw this photo on Lowes.com and were impressed at how beautiful it is. It looked like stylish ceramic tiles.
Photo from Lowes.com
     Indeed, it looked good quality and was very affordable, but it seemed too wide for our narrow kitchen. If I want to grout it like the photo above, I should cut it in half or so with a utility knife.
STAINMASTER 6-in x 24-in Groutable Casa Italia/Gray-Brown Peel-and-Stick Travertine Luxury Vinyl Tile


     There were many groutable peel-and-stick vinyl tiles there.



       This peel-and-stick vinyl flooring was not groutable but was my second option before we actually went to Lowe's. It looked like nice wood flooring. Because it doesn't need to be grouted, it's much easier to install and costs less than groutable ones. He told me that it might be easier to clean up than groutable vinyl tile flooring. We thought this would be perfect for our kitchen flooring. :)  


      There was also another color. 
Style Selections 6-in x 36-in Antique Woodland Oak/Brown Peel-and-Stick Rustic Residential Vinyl Plank

      Yesterday, I finally ordered the peel-and-stick rustic vinyl flooring. We hope we can install it this weekend. :)
Style Selections 6-in x 36-in Driftwood/Gray Peel-and-Stick Rustic Residential Vinyl Plank

      My entries related to home renovations can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/home%20renovations



No comments:

Post a Comment