Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Rental Car and Gas Prices on the Big Island, Hawaii

       Before my husband and I headed toward the Big Island, Hawaii, we booked a rental car well in advance. It was still super expensive for us, but renting a car was crucial for our traveling. At Kona International Airport, we took a free shuttle bus to Hertz Car Rental. It took less than 5 minutes to Hertz from the airport. We bought some auto insurance and were finally able to rent a car. This car, Chevrolet 2015 Spark, was one we drove during our traveling. We were really surprised that it was a brand new car!
Chevrolet 2015 Spark

Chevrolet 2015 Spark

      Gasoline on the Big Island was much more expensive than one in California. According to my travel guide book, Kona is said to have the highest gas prices in the U.S., and the cheapest on the whole island is in Kona at Costco. Indeed, Costco gas price was about 60 cents per gallon cheaper than other gas stations in Kona.
Costco in Kailua-kona
        By the way, the gas price of my local Costco in California last week was $2.35 per gallon.
Costco in Kailua-kona

Costco
73-5600 Maiau St
Kailua-kona, HI 96740



      I uploaded my YouTube video, Driving on the Big Island, Hawaii.

       My entries related to our traveling on the Big Island can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Hawaii%20%28the%20Big%20Island%29

     My entries related Costco can be seen here.

     This is my entry you might like.
What Do They Sell at Costco on the Big Island, Hawaii? - 12 Kinds of Unique Products!



No comments:

Post a Comment