Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Completed the Refresher Course

      Yesterday, I finally completed my refresher course and got the certification for it. I accomplished one of my new year's resolutions. Before taking the class, I was not sure if I would be able to understand the contents of the class because of my English. However, I was able to fully understand the class and noticed that my medical knowledge was not bad at all. I still found it difficult to speak in English though. I really wish I could speak as fluently as my classmates do.

     I have been out of clinical practice for six years and was really interested in how standard protocol and medical instruments had changed. Some medical instruments have been developed to prevent needle-stick accident, but its procedures are as same as I used to do before. I am familiar with inserting the IV line and had done it hundreds times in Japan. That's why I was surprised myself that I was nervous during practicing for it at the class.

     Next, I will get a certification of ACLS, which stands for Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support. I will probably take the class for it in March or April. I should start studying for it on my own prior to take the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment