Thursday, January 16, 2014

My New Year's Resolutions 2014

     Last year, I made my New Year's resolutions, which were passing NCLEX and finishing the last writing class at ESL level. Eventually, I accomplished both of them in 2013! :) I finished the writing class in May and passed NCLEX in September last year.

     This year, I'd like to start working as a RN in the U.S. I know that it is very difficult for everyone because of severe employment ice age for RNs. I heard that many newly graduated RNs haven't been able to get jobs for over a year or so. Many RNs are desperate for work now. However, I don't want to give it up, and I'd like to move forward. I'd like to be involved with medicine as a nurse. In order to do so, I have decided on my five New Year's resolutions.

 1. I will finish a RN refresher course. It's because I have been out of clinical practice for six years and have never worked in the U.S. Therefore, I think that I should take the class.

 2. I will get a certification of ACLS, which stands for Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support. I heard that it is not easy and need to build more of my stored knowledge. I hope it will be beneficial to my nursing career.

 3. I'd like to meet more people on a daily basis in order to build up a network of connections and improve my speaking skill. I haven't decided yet, but I think I'll take some classes or volunteer.

 4. I will keep practicing my pronunciation. I still need to learn many new vocabularies and practice its pronunciation.

 5. I will write up my resume, which I have never written.

     This year will be obviously very hard for me, but I will stay positive in order to achieve my goals.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment