Friday, September 13, 2019

How to Make Bubble Tea, Pearl Milk Tea, Tapioca Tea


       This week, I've uploaded this video, How to Make Bubble Tea, on my YouTube channel. Bubble tea, also called boba or pearl milk tea, is Taiwanese tea-based drink, which has chewy black tapioca balls. When I lived in Japan, I had bubble tea in Yokohama Chinatown, which is located in Yokohama city, for my first time. After moving to the U.S., I also enjoyed bubble tea at Taiwanese cafe once in a while. I love chewy tapioca milk tea! :)  Did you know that bubble tea has been explosively popular in Japan this year? I read Japanese cooking magazine and learned how easy it is to make bubble tea at home. When I went to my local Chinese supermarket last month, I found this black tapioca pearls, so I decided to make bubble tea at home for my first time. 
Black Tapioca Pearls

     Making bubble tea was easier than I had expected indeed, and it tasted great! Today, I'm going to share how to make bubble tea with you. I hope you will try this recipe.  

Ingredients

■for Syrup
400 ml (13.5 fl oz) of Water
3 Tablespoons of Sugar

■for Tapioca Pearls (4 Servings)
10 Cups of Water
1 Cup of Tapioca Pearls

■for Strong Black Tea (1 Serving)
2 to 6 Tea Bags
180 ml (6 fl oz) of Hot Water

■for Bubble Tea (1 Serving / 16 fl oz / 473ml)
1 Scoop of Cooked Tapioca Pearls
1 Cup of Ice Cubes
150 ml (5 fl oz) of Milk
Strong Black Tea

*You also need large boba straws to drink bubble tea.




1. Make simple syrup.

■for Syrup
400 ml (13.5 fl oz) of Water
3 Tablespoons of Sugar

     Put water and sugar in a saucepan. Place the pan over medium high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Then, let it cool.




2. Cook the tapioca pearls.

■for Tapioca Pearls (4 Servings)
10 Cups of Water
1 Cup of Tapioca Pearls

     Bring water to boil. Add tapioca pearls, ans stir lightly.

    Cover the pot. Cook it over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and wait for another 3 minutes.

     Put tapioca pearls in cold water for 20 seconds, and drain the water. Then, soak the tapioca pearls in sugar syrup.




3. Prepare a strong cup of tea.

■for Strong Black Tea (1 Serving)
2 to 6 Tea Bags
180 ml (6 fl oz) of Hot Water

     Steep tea bags in boiled water. Let the tea sit for a while. Then, remove the tea bags. Add sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.




4. Assembled the drink.

■for Bubble Tea (1 Serving / 16 fl oz / 473ml)
1 Scoop of Cooked Tapioca Pearls
1 Cup of Ice Cubes
150 ml (5 fl oz) of Milk
Strong Black Tea

     Put cooked tapioca pearls, ice cubes, milk and strong black tea in the cup. Serve it with a large boba straw. Enjoy!






       These are my entries you might like.
 

How to Make Matcha Warabi Mochi with Microwave Oven

Imuraya Matcha Chocolate Monaka

15 Popular Japanese Hard Candies and Gummy Candies

6 Japanese Products Loved by Foreign Tourists in Japan

Japanese Drip Coffee Bags - UCC & KEY COFFEE

Doutor Coffee

What I Ate in Asakusa, Tokyo

5 Best Delicious Souvenirs from Fukuoka 


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment