Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Packages from My Mother-In-Law and Japanese Rice Field

          A few weeks ago, my husband and I received two packages which my mother-in-law sent from Japan. As I mentioned in my previous entries, she has sometimes sent some Japanese foods to us since we moved to the U.S. :)  Anyway, I will share some of them with you. ;)


Shio Kombu
Shio Kombu 塩こんぶ
      Shio Kombu (塩こんぶ) is salted dried kelp and perfect for Japanese rice balls!



Instant Japanese Soba Noodles
Instant Soba Noodles (蕎麦)
      This instant soba noodles are perfect for Toshikoshi Soba, soba noodles eaten on New Year's Eve!



Toyama Black Ramen
Toyama Black Ramen (富山ブラックラーメン)
       I had never heard of Toyama Black Ramen (富山ブラックラーメン) before and told him, "When I hear of black ramen, the first thing comes to my mind is Marutai Kumamoto Ramen." Kumamoto ramen has black oil (kuro mayu) made from sesame oil and browned garlic. (You can check out my previous entry, Marutai Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen with Browned Garlic and Black Garlic Sesame Oil.) However, he had already known this Toyama black ramen. When he went to Japan for his business trip last month, a man from Toyama told him about black ramen, which has been pretty popular in Japan these years. Toyama black ramen is local ramen of Toyama prefecture and was first severed at food stalls in Toyama in 1955. It's soy sauce based ramen, shoyu ramen. The soup is very black from soy sauce, black sesame seeds and black peppers.    
Toyama Black Ramen (富山ブラックラーメン)
         He cooked the Toyama Black Ramen, and I was surprised that it's truly black! We had it for our first time. It had spicy black pepper and savory soy sauce taste! I really liked it. If you are a ramen lover, you might want to try one. If you live in Japan, you can find it on Amazon Japan. I first thought that it's selling locally, but you might find one at some convenience stores and supermarkets in Japan.





Japanese Rice Field and Higanbana
Rice Field and Higanbana, Red Spider Lily

       My mother-in-law also sent some photos of beautiful golden rice fields to us. She took these photos in Fukuoka, where is our hometown, in September. Have you ever seen a Japanese rice field? Fall is a rice harvest season. In fall, you can see beautiful red flowers, red spider lilies, around rice fields. These flowers are called higanbana (彼岸花) in Japan. Did you know that bulbs of higanbana are very poisonous? The bulbs of higanbana are actually protecting the rice fields from moles, mice and insects, but we can enjoy seeing beautiful flowers. :)  She sent these photos to me because she knows I really love flowers.
Higanbana
      Some of higanbana are white. :)
Higanbana




       I also sent these photos, which I took at the nearest beach from our home, to my mother-in-law. It's because she loves beaches!
        I love walking and watching the beautiful sunset from the west coast of the U.S.





These are also my entries.
■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■Free Photo Scanner - Google PhotoScan

■Roadside Station Koibotaru - Funagoya Fukuoka, Japan

■Kurogi Ofuji Festival in Yame Fukuoka, Japan - Beautiful Japanese Wisteria of Kurogi

■Wedding Party in Japan

■Restaurant Hanajizou - Chikugo City Fukuoka, Japan

■La Jolla Cove - Beautiful Spring Wildflowers and Wild Animals



     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.




2 comments:

  1. I was reading your posts on the different types of Marutai Ramen and I just ordered a few different flavors from Yamibuy because they have a sale and are cheaper than Amazon. I can't wait to try them !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marutai ramen is the best! I hope you will like it. :)

      Delete