Friday, November 1, 2013

What I Got at Costco in Japan - Costco Haul

     I love shopping at Costco in the U.S. because I believe that they sell high quality products with great deal. My husband and I went to Costco in Japan four years ago because Costco membership cards can be used anywhere in the world. They carried variety of U.S. and Japanese products, and many Japanese products were something I had never seen at Costco in the U.S. That's why I was really excited at that time. When I was in Japan last month, I told my sister that I would like to go to Costco in Japan, and she took me there with my brother and my mother. My sister has Costco membership card but the nearest Costco is located an hour away from her home by car. Unlike the U.S., there are not so many Costco branches in Japan. However, many Japanese people enjoyed shopping there as well as my sister. :) I wish they had more Costco branch stores in Japan. My mother and brother had never gone there before and were surprised that they were selling many products in bulk and very inexpensive foods at their food court. I bought some Japanese products which are not easy to find in the U.S. I'm going to share with you what I got at Costco in Japan.


     Because I love macha, which is Japanese green tea, I bought a 500g pack of macha pudding mix, which is product of Morihan. Four years ago, I bought Morihan macha powder and was great for many macha desserts, so I decided to buy it without a second thought. :) This was 898 yen, which is equivalent to $9. I don't know if it was a great deal but was glad that I can make macha flun very easily. All I need to do in order to make macha flun is to add hot water. :)
Morihan Macha Flun Mix 500g 898yen

     I also purchased Morihan macha ice cream mix. This was originally around 1000yen but was on sale for 477yen for 500g. I sometimes make macha ice cream from scratch, but I can make it more easily by using this. :)
Morihan Macha Ice Cream Mix 500g 477yen

     I bought this Pietro salad dressing. This dressing is very popular for many years in Japan, and I think this is the best salad dressing I've ever tasted. My American friend told me before that he loves Pietro dressing so much and always buy some whenever he visits Japan. This was 599yen for a 600ml bottle.
Pietro Salad Dressing 600ml 599yen

     I wanted to buy some other bottles of Japanese sauce, but I gave them up because I didn't want to put those fragile products into my suitcases... I didn't want to take a risk. Unlike me, my sister bought many products there, such as breads, meat, fish, and so on because she needs to make meals for family of seven.
     If I can go to Costco in Japan next time, I would like to purchase sushi! They were selling many different kinds of beautiful sushi, which seemed very good quality, with reasonable price at deli section. Because we had a plan to go to another place for dinner that day, I had to give it up. You may think that Costco in U.S. also carry some sushi, but unfortunately they are not as good as ones I used to eat in Japan. I'm pretty picky about sushi because I'm Japanese.


     This is also my entry you might like.
Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

       My Costco in Japan entries can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Costco%20in%20Japan

     My entries related Costco can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment