Friday, November 22, 2013

My Two Year Blog Anniversary

     Today is the day of two year anniversary of my blog! I have been updating my blog everyday for two years to improve my English skills. :)

    Looking back two years ago, I didn't like writing in English at all and hoped to improve my writing skill by trying my huge challenge, which was continuing my everyday blog at least for a year. I accomplished the goal a year ago and was able to notice that I had improved my English skills significantly by continuing to do so. After accomplishing my goal, I decided to keep doing it and hoped to improve my English skills more and more.

    During the second year of my blogging, many things have changed in my life. I finally finished an upper advanced writing class, which was the last writing class at ESL level, with a good grade. I should give myself credit for it! However, it was not easy for me, and I was unsure if I could keep up with the class. That's why I tried to work harder than anyone else. Writing in English everyday on my blog helped me a lot, and I already got used to writing. Writing essays was much more difficult and complicated than my everyday blogging, but I didn't have to hesitate to write essays at least. I think that was a huge improvement! :) After finishing my writing class in May, I started studying for NCLEX seriously. I ended up passing NCLEX and got a RN license! That was my biggest accomplishment!

     My English improvement has enabled me to accomplish my goals. Because I started learning English as an adult, it is very important for me to study and use English on a daily basis. Otherwise, it would be difficult to retain English and I will definitely forget after a short while. I'll continue my everyday blog for the next year. Hopefully, I will notice my English improvement a year after from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment