Thursday, May 23, 2024

How to Cook Hokkaido Soup Curry


       This year, I've been really into soup curry, which was originated in Hokkaido, Japan. It's soup with  aromatic curry flavor. 

       While Japanese curry is thick and a consistency similar to stew, soup curry is thin and watery base. Japanese curry is made with a roux-based curry sauce, but soup curry incorporates additional spices like curry powder, garam masala, and basil.

       I usually make large amount of soup curry on weekends, and enjoy the soup for five days. Today, I'm going to share with you how to cook soup curry.


 Ingredients for 10 Servings

1 LB of Chicken Thigh (Cut into Bite Sizes)

Pinch of Salt and Black Pepper 

1 Onion (Minced)

2 Teaspoons of Cumin Seeds

4 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)

1 Tablespoon of Ginger (Minced)

3 Tablespoons of Curry Powder

1 Tablespoon of Garam Masala

2 Tablespoons of Dried Basil Leaves

1 Large Can (28 oz / 794g) of Diced Tomato  

3 Carrots (Chopped)

3 Potatoes (Chopped)

2 Tablespoons of Chicken Bouillon Powder

1,500 ml (50 fl oz) of Water

2 Tablespoons of Ketchup



 1. Heat oil in a pan over high heat, and saute chickens until browned both sides.


 

 

 

 2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker over high heat. Put onions and sprinkle salt. Cook for 3 minutes.




 3. Add cumin seeds, garlic and ginger. Stir thoroughly.



 

4. Add curry powder, garam masala and basil leaves. Stir thoroughly for a minute.


 

 

 5. Add tomato, chicken, carrots, potatoes, chicken bouillon powder, water and ketchup. Stir to combine well. Cover the lid. When it the pressure cooker is fully with pressure, reduce heat to low and simmer for 4 minutes. Then, turn off the heat. Wait until it naturally deflates completely.




6. Serve and enjoy.


 


      These are also my entries you might like.

■ How to Cook Miso Soup at Home

■ Japanese Instant Foods Are Next Level! - Try Freeze Dried Instant Miso Soup

■How to Cook Best Chicken Teriyaki

■How to Cook Quick and Easy Fluffy Mushroom Omelettes

■ICHIRAN Instant Ramen - The Best Instant Ramen from Popular Japanese Ramen Restaurant (How We Cooked!)  

■All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen

■Myojo Chukazanmai Ryanmen - The Best Hiyashi Chuka Instant Noodles

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■How to Cook Yakisoba with Instant Noodles, Sapporo Ichiban Chow Mein 

■How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

■How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness)
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment